IRP Transfer Plate
Before You Begin
- Transfer Plate Supplement is a two-step process.
- IRP member jurisdictions allow for the transferring of registrations of withdrawn fleet vehicles to replacement vehicles. However:
- Additional apportionable fees will be due if the replacement vehicle is registered at a higher weight.
- Registrations cannot be transferred to replacement vehicles that are being registered at a lower weight.
- Vehicle must be Titled or have a Georgia IRP Registration only Title Record. Visit local county Title Office more information.
- Required supporting documents must be saved to your computer prior to start of transaction.
- Multi-page documents must be uploaded as one file.
- Request a new plate during the transfer of plate / registration process. If a new plate is needed, it shall be processed after the Transfer Plate Supplement has been approved by completing a Replacement Plate Supplement.
Step 1: Start IRP Transfer Plate Supplement
- Log in to the IRP Application
- From the Applications tab, select IRP
- From the Supplement tab, select Transfer Plate
- Click Proceed
- Click Select next to the fleet registration year that is being transferred
Weight Group Screen
- If you are using an existing weight group continue to Vehicle Details Screen Instructions
- If you would like to add a new weight group, click Weight tab then click Add Weight Group
Note: Weight Decrease not allowed
- Add the desired weight group, click Proceed. Verify Weight Group and click Proceed, then click Done to continue to Vehicle Details Screen
Vehicle Details Screen
- New Vehicle Search Criteria - Enter only the VIN of replacement vehicle in the VIN field, then click Search to populate the new vehicle information. Do not enter the Title Number.
- Old Vehicle Details - Enter only the VIN and Delete Reason, then click Search
- Vehicle Details - Complete all fields marked with a red asterisk. If a new weight was added, select the weight category from the drop down list.
Important! Do not change “Safety Change” to Yes
- Click Proceed to move to the Vehicle Verification screen. If the information is correct, click Proceed again.
Note: You will be returned to the Vehicle Screen where you may transfer additional vehicle registrations repeating steps 1-4
- When transferring registration(s) is complete, click Done to continue to Submission Screen
- Click Select to populate the document submission screen
- Upload supporting documents - Enter VIN of vehicle in the VIN field
- From the Document Type drop down menu, select a document type to upload from your computer
- Click Browse to search your computer’s files for the PDF document to upload
- Once document is selected, click Upload button to upload selected document.
Note: Repeat “browse & upload” process for required supporting documents
- After all required documents are successfully uploaded, click Submit
- An on-screen notification will populate stating, “Request Submitted Successfully,” click Quit button
Step 2: Application Review
Allow 3-5 business days to receive an e-mail with the next step(s) required to complete the supplement.
- If approved, you will be required to generate the invoice and submit the payment.
- If unapproved, you must fulfill the action(s) required and re-submit the application for review.
You May Also Need