Department of Revenue Automatically Extending 2019 Filing Deadline
The Georgia Department of Revenue is automatically extending the 2019 income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020. Vehicle registrations that expire between March 16, 2020 and May 14, 2020 are being extended through May 15, 2020.
This unit manages the local sales tax distributions to MARTA and the counties, cities and school systems in the state.
The Distribution Section:
- Provides technical assistance to governing authorities on local tax referendums
- Distributes monthly sales tax proceeds to local taxing authorities
- Publishes state and local sales and use tax rates
- Maintains local sales tax revenue data
- Receives FLPA requests and makes distributions to local taxing authorities
- Calculates and distributes monthly 911 proceeds to local governments operating a qualified emergency 911 system
For additional information on the projects above, you can contact Distributions at:
Georgia Department of Revenue
Local Government Services Division
4125 Welcome All Road, Suite 701
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
Hours: 8:00 - 4:30