Department of Revenue Automatically Extending 2019 Filing Deadline
The Georgia Department of Revenue is automatically extending the 2019 income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020. Vehicle registrations that expire between March 16, 2020 and May 14, 2020 are being extended through May 15, 2020.
IRP Service Providers
- IRP account holders may hire third-party agents, known as Service Providers to complete IRP Registrations on behalf of the motor carrier.
- Per Authority: O.C.G.A. §§ 40-2-25, 40-2-88, 48-9-33, Ga. Comp. Rules & Reg. R. 560-10-28-.01, 560-10-28-.02, and 560-10-28-.03:
- Service Providers must be bonded and registered as Service Providers with the Department of Revenue.
- IRP documents will not be accepted or processed from Service Providers who are not bonded and registered with the Department of Revenue.
Become a Registered Service Provider
Email required documents to email@example.com:
- Notarized Surety Bond Form including:
- Bond number
- $50,000 value minimum
- Effective date
- Surety Bond with policy period
- Notarized Service Provider Application
- Allow 3 – 5 business days for processing
- Each service provider will have one login for administration of IRP accounts. The username will be the email provided on the Service Provider Application.
Existing Service Providers
- To request administration of a new or existing IRP Account, email firstname.lastname@example.org using a valid Service Provider email:
- Power of Attorney Form RD-1061 granting the service provider authorization
- See IRP Registration Instructions for Supplement Type submittal method
- Online Supplement submittals require Form RD-1061 submission for access
- Email Supplement submittals require Form RD-1061, application(s) and required supporting document(s) for access
- Surety Bonds & Power of Attorneys must be updated prior to the expiration date(s) to maintain access