Department of Revenue Automatically Extending 2019 Filing Deadline
The Georgia Department of Revenue is automatically extending income tax filing and payment deadlines to July 15, 2020. Vehicle registrations that expire between March 16, 2020 and June 14, 2020 are being extended through June 15, 2020.
Did you get a letter?
Sometimes communication, from the Department of Revenue to a citizen, may be confusing and you have questions. Most of our letters provide specific instructions of what you need to do; for example:
- Log in to the Georgia Tax Center and follow the directions provided, or
- Let you know that your vehicle registration is suspended or will be suspended soon. The letter will tell you what you need to do to legally drive your vehicle
The Georgia Department of Revenue will NEVER ask you to:
- Purchase and pay debts with a prepaid debit card
- Transfer money to a specific account
- Threaten you with arrest if you do not immediately pay