You may receive communication from the Department of Revenue and have questions. Most of our letters provide specific instructions of what you need to do, for example:
- Log in to the Georgia Tax Center and follow the directions provided, or
- Let you know that your vehicle registration is suspended or will be suspended soon. The letter will tell you what you need to do to legally drive your vehicle.
The Georgia Department of Revenue will NEVER ask you to:
- Purchase and pay debts with a prepaid debit card
- Transfer money to a specific account
- Threaten you with arrest if you do not immediately pay
Motor Vehicle Letters/Communications
Protect yourself from scams
How do I protect myself from scams and tax fraud?
Get more information from the IRS about Tax Scams