Prestige or Vanity License Plates
- Completed Form MV-9B Special (Personal) Prestige License Plate Application
- $35 manufacturing fee (one-time fee)
- $35 annual special tag fee
- $20 tag fee
Important Note on Prestige License Plates: DOR Regulation 560-10-22-.02 limits special prestige license plate references. Combinations are not allowed to be manufactured or displayed that fall into one or more of the following prohibited categories:
- Any combination of letters or numbers which are obscene according to current community standards, or which includes any reference to sex, sexual acts or body parts, or any reference to excrement or to bodily fluids.
- Any combination of letters or numbers which disparage a religious belief or being, race, ethnicity, gender, or sexual orientation.
- Any combination of letters or numbers which indicate an office or position unless the applicant holds such office or position, including, but not limited to an elected office, employment as a police officer, firefighter, emergency medical technician, paramedic or first responder.
- Any combination of letters or numbers which is profane.
- Any combination of letters or numbers subject to a trademark or copyright unless the applicant owns the trademark or copyright.
- Any combination of letters or numbers referring to a crime or criminal activity under State or Federal law.
- Specialty plates may have additional fees and requirements that vary from plate to plate.
- Please read the details when viewing the individual plate designs for specific information.
Note: If the County Tag Office does not have the Specialty license plate in their inventory, a Temporary Operating Permit will be issued, and the Specialty license plate will be mailed to you.
Military License Plates
- Military tags (requires Form DD-214 to show eligibility)
- Surviving spouses may transfer some military license plates from their deceased spouse by providing the following:
- Veteran’s death certificate
- Deceased party's vehicle registration
- Marriage certificate
For questions or additional information, contact your County Tag Office.
On this page find information on ordering prestige and specialty license plates.
To order, you will need to visit your local County Tag Office. There may be additional fees and requirements to prestige and specialty license plates when they are issued and renewed.
Information on Required Forms & Fees