You should receive a renewal notice by the beginning of your registration month. If you do not receive the notice, or your balance due is not calculated in the notice, contact your County Tag Office. You may also sign up to Go Green and receive your registration renewal notices via email.
If your address has changed, have it corrected on your Georgia driver’s license or ID card. Then you may change your address on your registration using DRIVES e-Services, or have your address changed at your County Tag Office.
Note: Even if a renewal notice is not received, the taxes and penalties still apply.
Online registration renewal using DRIVES e-Services is available in some counties. Your renewal notice will have information about online registration if your county participates. To renew online you will need the following:
- License plate number or VIN number
- Driver’s License number or Letter ID (Letter IDs can be found on your renewal notice.)
- All registration fees, taxes, and convenience fees, which must be paid by debit card, credit card, or electronic check. If you do not have a renewal notice you can look up the Renewal Fee Estimate before beginning. (You will see the actual cost before completing the transaction and you can cancel at any time before the transaction is complete.)
- A passing emissions inspection (in counties requiring emission testing.)
Residents (in participating counties) can take advantage of Self-Service Kiosks. This is a fast and convenient alternative for completing vehicle registration renewal.
To use a Self-Service Tag Kiosk:
- Your vehicle(s) must be registered in a participating county.
- You must have a valid Georgia State driver’s license.
- Your address must be correct on your renewal notice.
- You must have proof of liability insurance on file (if applicable).
- You must have a Vehicle Emission Inspection on file (if applicable).
Simply follow the guided on-screen instructions. After a successful renewal, documents print instantly at the kiosk.
In-Person or Mail-in Renewal
Vehicle Registrations can be renewed at your County Tag Office. The following information is required:
- Renewal notice
- When applying in-person, you must show your valid Georgia driver’s license or ID card.
- Proof of Georgia liability insurance (if applicable).
- If you live in a participating county, proof that your vehicle has passed emission’s inspection.
- Payment for all fees and/or taxes due. Check with your county for acceptable payment types.
Commercial Vehicle Renewal
Visit the Georgia Trucking Portal for renewals information.