Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadline is July 15, 2020
Due to COVID-19, DOR automatically extended income tax filing and payment deadlines. Remember to file and pay by Wednesday July 15, 2020.
Loss of Insurance Coverage
Motor vehicle owners and lessees are required by law to maintain continuous Georgia liability insurance coverage on registered vehicles. It is a criminal offense to drive a vehicle with a suspended, revoked or canceled registration.
- Insurers have 30 days to submit new insurance information electronically to the Department’s insurance database.
- A lapse of coverage occurs when there are 10 days or more between the effective date of new insurance and the termination date of the previous insurance policy.
- There is no lapse of coverage if your insurance policy’s effective date and the termination date of the previous policy are the same.
Paying Insurance Penalties
- Vehicle Identification Number or license plate number
- Driver’s license number or Letter ID (found on your Pending Suspension/Suspension of Vehicle Registration letter)
Payment of insurance penalties and fines may not result in the reinstatement of a suspended vehicle registration pursuant to the Department of Revenue guidelines.