Titles can be applied for at the County Tag Office where the business is located or the individual resides by submitting the following:
- Application - Completed Form MV-1 Tag and Title Application
- Signed by a representative – If the application is signed by a representative, a completed Form T-8 Limited Power of Attorney must be submitted. The full, legal name of the owner(s), Georgia identification card number or driver’s license number and the name of the issuing state/country are required for the first certificate of title
- Sold by a licensed Georgia dealer - The dealer must enter their signature and the dealership’s current MVD assigned Customer ID number or Master Dealer License Plate Number in the spaces provided on the title assignment. The 12-digit MVD assigned Georgia Dealer Customer ID is required on the application if it is not shown in the title assignment
- Tax Exempt Form T-146 - Completed Form T-146 Georgia IRP Exemption to State and Local Ad Valorem/Title Ad Valorem Tax Fee Application
- Proof of Ownership - One of the following:
- An original assigned title, when the vehicle requires a title; or,
- An original bill of sale and a copy of the previous owner’s registration when the vehicle does not require a title. If the previous owner’s registration is not submitted, the County Tag Office personnel must verify registration by inquiry into the Georgia Registration and Title Information System (GRATIS).
- Fees - Contact your County Tag Office for additional methods of payment. The fees are as follows:
- $18 title application fee when the vehicle requires a title and application is made within 30 days of the date of purchase or ownership transfer;
- If a title is not applied for within thirty (30) days of purchase date, a title penalty fee of $10 will also be due.
- any penalty fees due for late application for title.
- Taxes – Subject to Georgia Sales and Use Tax and Alternative Ad Valorem Tax.
Registrations and License Plates for Interstate Trucks and Charter Buses Registering with the International Registration Plan (IRP)
The Georgia Trucking Portal offers a one stop shop for you to access all CVISN credentialing applications including International Fuel Trade Agreement (IFTA), International Registration Plan (IRP), Unified Carrier Registration (UCR), Georgia Intrastate Motor Carrier (GIMC), Trip/Fuel/Hunters Permitting as well as Oversize/Overweight Permitting.
Policy Bulletin: Commercial Customers
Log in credentials can be obtained and questions answered by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.