On this page, find information on applying for an alcohol permit online using the Georgia Tax Center (GTC).
- Alcohol permits are registered by representatives (sales or promotional) and must be associated with an existing Georgia licensed manufacturer, wholesaler/distributor, broker, or importer
- Alcohol permits allow the individual to represent alcohol products/ brands in the state of Georgia
- Permits are not transferrable from one Georgia licensed manufacturer, wholesaler/ distributor, broker, or importer to another
- All permits with distilled spirits requires a $10 fee and renewal by December 31st of each calendar year
- Permits for beer and/or wine does not require a fee nor annual renewal
Required Forms & Documents
All required documentation must be scanned and saved as individual PDF files. You will upload them to GTC during the application process.
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID (requires notarization)
- ATT-17 - Georgia Alcohol and Tobacco Personnel Statement
Register a New Permit Account
- Go to Georgia Tax Center (new accounts do not need to login)
- Click "Individual" (towards the bottom of the page)
- Click “Register a New Permit Account”
- Under submit your request, click on the green arrow to "register a new permit account"
- Complete all required steps, submit and receive a confirmation number
- The required alcohol license number is your business’s/employer’s license number. (Be sure to include all 0’s so the license number is 7 digits)
- You should receive a confirmation number for each submission
- Credit card and ACH debit payments can be made through Georgia Tax Center