Why Should I File Electronically?
Why? Because filing electronically will get your return to you the fastest while handwritten returns take the longest to process.
Taxpayers who file their returns electronically and have their returns directly deposited into their bank accounts receive their refunds quicker than those who file paper returns.
- Faster and more accurate processing
- File from your home PC
- Eliminate the need to mail paper returns
- Qualified taxpayers can file electronically for free
- Electronic payment options are a convenient, safe, and secure option for paying your taxes
- Be sure to use approved tax software when filing electronically
Don't want to buy software?
To speed up processing, download the tax forms, save them and fill them out using your computer. Once completed, print, sign and mail them.