Department of Revenue Automatically Extending 2019 Filing Deadline
The Georgia Department of Revenue is automatically extending the 2019 income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020. Vehicle registrations that expire between March 16, 2020 and May 14, 2020 are being extended through May 15, 2020.
- Tobacco permits are registered by representatives (sales or promotional) and must be associated with an existing Georgia licensed Manufacturer, Wholesaler/Distributor, or Importer.
- Tobacco permits allow the individual to represent tobacco products/ brands in the State of Georgia.
- Tobacco permits are not transferrable from one Georgia licensed Manufacturer, Wholesaler/Distributor, or Importer to another.
- Permits registered to a Georgia Manufacturer or Importer requires a $10 payment and renewal each year.
- Permits registered to a Georgia Wholesale/Distributor does not require a payment or renewal.
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID (requires notarization)
How to Apply
- Go to Georgia Tax Center (login not required)
- Click "Individual" (towards the bottom of the page)
- Click “Register a New Permit Account”
- Under submit your request, click on the green arrow to "Register a new permit account"
- Complete all steps and required fields, submit and receive a confirmation number
- The required alcohol license number is your business’s/employer’s license number. (Be sure to include all 0’s so the license number is 7 digits)
- You should receive a confirmation number for each submission
- For payments made by credit card, you will receive a link from Official Payments. Click on the link from the email and make the payment
- (Emails are sent to the email address provided during online registration)
- For payments made by ACH debit, enter the account number and routing number for the desired bank account