- Tobacco permits are registered by representatives (sales or promotional) and must be associated with an existing Georgia licensed Manufacturer, Wholesaler/Distributor, or Importer.
- Tobacco permits allow the individual to represent tobacco products/ brands in the State of Georgia.
- Tobacco permits are not transferrable from one Georgia licensed Manufacturer, Wholesaler/Distributor, or Importer to another.
- Permits registered to a Georgia Manufacturer or Importer requires a $10 payment and renewal each year.
- Permits registered to a Georgia Wholesale/Distributor does not require a payment or renewal.
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID (requires notarization)
How to Apply
- Go to Georgia Tax Center (login not required)
- Click "Individual" (towards the bottom of the page)
- Click “Register a New Permit Account”
- Under submit your request, click on the green arrow to "Register a new permit account"
- Complete all steps and required fields, submit and receive a confirmation number
- The required alcohol license number is your business’s/employer’s license number. (Be sure to include all 0’s so the license number is 7 digits)
- You should receive a confirmation number for each submission
- For payments made by credit card, you will receive a link from Official Payments. Click on the link from the email and make the payment
- (Emails are sent to the email address provided during online registration)
- For payments made by ACH debit, enter the account number and routing number for the desired bank account