Department of Revenue Automatically Extending 2019 Filing Deadline
The Georgia Department of Revenue is automatically extending the 2019 income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020. Vehicle registrations that expire between March 16, 2020 and May 14, 2020 are being extended through May 15, 2020.
Tax Clearance Letter
What You Need to Know
- Must have a Georgia Tax Center (GTC) login
- Available for all tax types
- Will check for tax balances and delinquent periods for all accounts
- If all accounts clear, the Tax Clearance letter will show all account types
- If any accounts have a balance due or delinquent periods, a denial letter will generate
- Next day, the Tax Clearance Letter is available for viewing or printing online
- Copy of the Tax Clearance Letter are also mailed
How do I get a Tax Clearance Letter?
- Login to the Georgia Tax Center (GTC)
- Under "I Want To...", click on "See more links ..."
- Click on Request Tax Clearance Letter
- Click "Submit"