To register for a new International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) account with the Georgia Tax Center (GTC), the Taxpayer must have a(n):
- Social Security Number or Federal Employee Identification Number.
- IRP and/or DOT numbers, unless driving under another authority (applicant must provide employment or lease contract).
- Established place of business located in Georgia.
(An established business is a physical structure owned or leased by the applicant, open for business and staffed during regular business hours.)
- Vehicle that travels outside the state of Georgia.
- Vehicle with more than two axles and a gross vehicle weight over 26,000 lbs. or a vehicle with three or more axles, regardless of weight.
Required Documents and Information
- US DOT Number (if applicable)
- IRP Number (if applicable)
- Bulk Fuel Jurisdictions
- ACH Debit Payment Details
- Social Security Number for all Company Officers and/or Responsible Parties
How to Register a New Georgia Business (IFTA)
- To register, go to the Georgia Tax Center
- Click on Register a New Georgia Business (bottom left)
- Step through the process and complete all required information