Stolen and Recovered Vehicle Title
Titles can be applied for a stolen and recovered vehicle with only cosmetic damage by mail to:
DOR/Motor Vehicle Division
P. O. Box 740384
The following information is required:
- A completed and signed MV-1 Title/Tag Application.
- The original title assigned to the purchaser(s) using their full legal names(s) by an authorized agent of the insurance company when the insurance company is not titling the vehicle in their name.
- The vehicle’s license plate, if left on the vehicle.
- A completed and signed T-158 Report of and/or Surrender of GA License Plate.
- $18.00 title fee
- A letter from the insurance company on their letterhead signed by their authorized agent containing the following:
- A complete description of the vehicle
- Year of the Vehicle
- Make of Vehicle
- Model Name and/or Number of the Vehicle
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- When and where the vehicle was recovered
- The condition of the vehicle at the time of recovery including the damage to the vehicle
- Whether or not the serial plate was left intact
Cosmetic Damage refers to non-structural damage that would not affect the safety or operation of the vehicle and supporting systems. This includes the suspension, passenger compartment, drive trains, sub-frame, and uni-body.
Questions about this process can be emailed to email@example.com