Tag Kiosk Maintenance on 11/30 7pm – 10 pm
Sorry for the inconvenience during this maintenance period.
A sponsor who is interested in a Specialty License Plate to commemorate an Association, Group, Institution, or Organization, should review the following information before proceeding with the Specialty License Plate process.
Types of Specialty License Plates
- Non-revenue sharing license plates are available for sponsors who are ineligible for revenue sharing (i.e., have not had a bill passed authorizing revenue share).
- Revenue sharing license plates are available for sponsors who have a legislative bill passed. Revenue from the registration and renewal of this type of Specialty plate can be shared with a valid non-profit organization who sponsors the plate.
Obtain Specialty License Plate Approval
- Mail a letter of intent to the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD). If accepted, MVD will provide the application forms, and agreements for your organization to complete.
- Submit required forms, legal documents, and agreements.
- Receive a letter of approval from the Department.
- Submit a Bond or Prepayment. (See for more information.)
- Obtain and approve electronic proof and plate samples.
- Obtain legislative approval (Revenue sharing plates only).
- If you are interested in applying for a revenue sharing license plate, contact a Representative or Senator of the Georgia General Assembly to request a bill be introduced on behalf of your organization to qualify for a revenue sharing Specialty plate.
- Receive notification and instructions on how applicants can pick up their license plate.
Specialty License Plate mailing address:
DOR/Motor Vehicle Division
Attn: Sponsor Plate Coordinator
P. O. Box 740382
Atlanta, Georgia 30374-0382