Individual Income Tax Deadline Extended
Specialty License Plate Sponsors
A sponsor who is interested in a Specialty license plate to commemorate an Association, Group, Institution, or Organization, should review the following information before proceeding with the Specialty license plate process.
Types of Specialty License Plates
Non-revenue sharing license plates are available for sponsors who are ineligible for revenue sharing (i.e., have not had a bill passed authorizing revenue share).
Revenue sharing license plates are available for sponsors who have a legislative bill passed. Revenue from the registration and renewal of this type of Specialty plate can be shared with a valid non-profit organization who sponsors the plate.
If you are interested in applying for a revenue sharing license plate, contact a Representative or Senator of the Georgia General Assembly to request a bill be introduced on behalf of your organization to qualify for a revenue sharing Specialty plate.
Obtain Specialty License Plate Approval
- Mail a letter of intent to the Motor Vehicle Division.
- Submit required forms, legal documents and agreements.
- Receive a letter of approval from the Department.
- Obtain electronic proof and plate samples.
- Submit 1,000 applications and along with the manufacturing fee for each application within two years of the date of approval from the Department.
- Obtain legislative approval (Revenue sharing plates only).
- Receive notification and instructions on how to pick up the license plate.
Mail the above documents to:
DOR/Motor Vehicle Division
Attn: Sponsor Plate Coordinator
P. O. Box 740382
Atlanta, Georgia 30374-0382