Department of Revenue Automatically Extending 2019 Filing Deadline
The Georgia Department of Revenue is automatically extending the 2019 income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020. Vehicle registrations that expire between March 16, 2020 and May 14, 2020 are being extended through May 15, 2020.
Register a New IFTA Account
To register for a new International Fuel Tax Agreement (IFTA) account with the Georgia Tax Center (GTC), the Taxpayer must have a(n):
- Social Security Number or Federal Employee Identification Number.
- IRP and/or DOT numbers, unless driving under another authority (applicant must provide employment or lease contract).
- Established place of business located in Georgia.
(An established business is a physical structure owned or leased by the applicant, open for business and staffed during regular business hours.)
- Vehicle that travels outside the state of Georgia.
- Vehicle with more than two axles and a gross vehicle weight over 26,000 lbs. or a vehicle with three or more axles, regardless of weight.
Required Documents and Information
- US DOT Number (if applicable)
- IRP Number (if applicable)
- Bulk Fuel Jurisdictions
- ACH Debit Payment Details
- Social Security Number for all Company Officers and/or Responsible Parties
How to Register a New Georgia Business (IFTA)
- To register, go to the Georgia Tax Center
- Click on Register a New Georgia Business (bottom left)
- Step through the process and complete all required information