How to Schedule an Appointment with the Department
To minimize wait times, walk-in customers are encouraged to schedule an appointment at Century Center and Southmeadow. Note: The department does not accept cash, in person or via mail.
- Services at Century Center (Tax or Alcohol and Tobacco Customers)
- Services at Southmeadow (Motor Vehicle Customers)
- Regional Offices, Compliance and Audit Services
Taxpayers can conduct most business with the Department via online services, telephone, or designated secure lockbox locations.
The Department accepts electronic signatures on most documents. Read more information on electronic signatures.
Before arriving for an in-person appointment, customers should perform a self-assessment by answering the following questions:
- Have you had close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Are you currently ill? Do you have symptoms of a cold, cough or shortness of breath?
- Do you currently have a fever, or have you had a fever within the past week?