Homemade Trailer Registration
Homemade trailers are required to have a serial plate affixed before the trailer can be registered and a license plate issued. Serial plates and license plates can be applied for at your County Tag Office. The following process is required:
- Submit a signed and notarized Form T-23 Homemade Trailer Affidavit.
- The County agent will give you a Form T-22C (Permission for County Assigned Serial Plate for a Homemade Trailer) and serial plate.
- Serial plate must be permanently affixed to the trailer with rivets and a Georgia Law Enforcement Officer must complete Form T-22C certifying that the serial plate has been affixed to the trailer.
- Submit the completed Form T-22C to your County Tag Office with:
- $12.00 license plate fee.
- Applicable Ad Valorem tax.
- The serial plate number is used as the vehicle identification number (VIN) or serial number in any subsequent motor vehicle transactions.
Note: Georgia does not issue titles for homemade trailers.