The Georgia Department of Revenue has entered into an agreement with software vendors to offer free electronic filing services to qualified Georgia taxpayers.
NOTE: To utilize a Free File offer for the State of Georgia you must start by clicking the link to a provider’s website from this page ONLY.
Under this agreement qualifying taxpayers can prepare and file both the federal and Georgia individual income tax returns electronically using approved software for less or free of charge.
Use of other sites that promote a free federal return will not guarantee your ability to also file your Georgia return for free.
Some of the companies listed below may charge a fee for electronic preparation and/or filing of your federal return.
We recommend that you read the information on the vendor’s website to determine the best product for your tax needs.
Founded in 2001, FreeTaxUSA has filed millions of tax returns with the IRS. From simple to complex we can help you prepare, print, and e-file your federal and state tax return. The FreeTaxUSA® Free File Edition offers free federal and Georgia online tax return preparation and e-file if:
- Federal AGI must be $51,000 or less.
- Must be between the ages of 17 and 60 as of December 31, 2016). OR
- Active Duty Military in 2016 with an AGI of $64,000 or less.
If you don’t qualify for free state filing, the cost is only $12.95
You can learn more here: https://www.freetaxusa.com/freefile/
2. OnLine Taxes at OLT.com
Online Taxes at OLT.com would like to offer free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if your Federal Adjusted Gross Income is between $13,000 and $64,000 regardless of age.
Note: The OLT Free File website must be accessed through the link above. Any other link used to access the OLT website may result in fees or charges.
Free File Filing Requirements:
- Adjusted Gross Income of $52,000 or less, and
- Age 56 or younger, or
- Eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit, or
- Active Military with Adjusted Gross Income of $64,000 or less
4. H&R Block
- Minimum Age: 17
- Maximum Age: 50
- Minimum AGI: 0
- Maximum AGI: $64,000
- Is Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) an offer factor: Yes
You may also qualify for the federal free file alliance, but note a fee may be charged to prepare and electronically file your Georgia return. Visit the IRS to see if you qualify
Available to the following qualified individuals:
- AGI $62,000
- Age 17-74
- Active military with AGI $62,000 or less
Disclaimer: Not all vendors in the Federal free file alliance provide e-File support for Georiga returns.
Receive a free Federal and Georgia return if:
- Your Adjusted Gross Income is $63,000 or less AND your age is 52 or younger, OR
- Same criteria apply when filing with a foreign address
1040NOW TY 2016 free file offer is as follows:
- Free federal and GA tax preparation & e-file for all who live in GA with an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $32,000 or less. This offer is limited to three (3) free tax returns per computer.
8. Intuit Turbo Tax
Free Federal and Free State Returns for:
- All ages
- Anyone with an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $33,000 or less
- Anyone eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
- Active duty military up to $64,000 AGI