Alcoholic Beverage Delivery Training Curriculum
Pursuant to House Bill 879, the Department of Revenue is required to develop the curriculum or outline the essential elements for alcoholic beverage delivery training courses.
To become an approved provider of alcoholic beverage training, please submit a copy of your training program to ATDfirstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, the Department will approve, deny or request modifications to the proposed training program within 15 business days. Below are the minimum requirements.
COVID-19 Guidance, Driver Safety and Best Practices
- Delivery driver eligibility
- Minimum age requirements
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Criminal background investigation
- Legal sales and delivery of alcoholic beverages
- Types of alcoholic beverages approved for delivery
- Alcoholic beverages non-transferrable to another person
- Lawful delivery times
- Prohibited places to deliver alcoholic beverages
- Customer verification with examples
- Acceptable forms of identification
- Verification of legal age
- Methods for detecting fake identification
- Documentation required:
- Name and date of birth of person accepting delivery
- Signature of person accepting delivery
- Delivery refusal criteria with examples
- Failure to provide proper identification
- Person accepting delivery is under 21 years of age
- Noticeably intoxicated
- Violations and Penalties
- End of course examination
- Certificate of completion
FAQ-Delivery of Alcoholic Beverages
Common questions regarding Delivery of Alcoholic Beverages.
For more information on this matter, contact the Alcohol and Tobacco Division at 1-877-423-6711 from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.