Permit issued to a bona fide nonprofit civic organization authorizing the auction of wine sealed containers only for a period not to exceed three days.
No more than six permits may be issued in any one calendar year.
The permit is only valid for the place specified in the permit and it must be lawful to sell alcohol in that place.
This guideline is to assist you in the preparation of a State of Georgia Special Event Wine Auction License application that is submitted electronically at The Georgia Tax Center.
Please request Special Events 10 days prior to the start date of event. The Department will accept request with an earlier event start date but can make no guarantees that the license will be issued in time for the event.
Initial Required Documents
- 501(c)(3) letter issued by the IRS or by-laws & corporate Charter from the Secretary of State's Office
- Donated Wine Auction Inventory List
- Copy of Local License / Letter of Approval
- Power of Attorney (If Applicable)
- O.C.G.A 50-3-1 (e)(2) - Citizenship Affidavit
- Secure and Verifiable Documents
- $25.00 - License Fee