Special Event Wine Auction
Please request a Special Event Permit 10 days before the start date of the event.
The Department cannot guarantee licenses will be issued in time for an event when new applications are submitted less than 10 days prior to the event. Permits issued for Special Event Wine Auction allows a bona fide nonprofit civic organization to:
Auction wine in wine sealed containers only:
- For a period not to exceed three days.
- No more than six permits may be issued in any one calendar year.
- The permit is only valid for the location specified on the permit and must be lawful to sell alcohol
These guidelines will help you complete the State of Georgia Special Event Wine Auction License application online using the Georgia Tax Center website.
- Scanned copy of 501(c)(3) letter issued by the IRS or by-laws & corporate Charter from the Secretary of State's Office
- Scanned copy of the Donated Wine Auction Inventory List
- Scanned copy of Local License/ Letter of Approval
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID. (requires notarization)