Special Event For Profit
Please request a Special Event Permit 10 days before the start date of the event.
The Department cannot guarantee licenses will be issued in time for an event when new applications are submitted less than 10 days prior to the event. Permits issued for Special Event for Profit allows the organization to:
- Sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises
- Sell wine for off-premises consumption
- Sell both for a period not to exceed 10 days
- Use the permits for the specified location, whereas, it must be lawful to sale alcohol in that place
Before You Begin
All required documentation must be scanned and saved as individual PDF files. You will upload them to the Georgia Tax Center during the application process.
- Scanned copy of Local License or Letter of Approval from the Local Authorities
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID. (requires notarization)
How to Apply for Special Event For Profit License
- Login to GTC with Username/ Password
- Click on Register New Tax Account
Step 1: Account type
- Account Type - Select Alcohol (Sales/ Use Tax not required)
- Account Start Date – Enter beginning date of the event
Step 2: Location Address
- Is this a new location? - Select "No" if business location is the same as a previous event. Select "Yes" if it is a new address (make sure to enter address as displayed on the local license)
Step 3: Account Attributes
- License type – Select the license type (Special Event Profit)
- Licensee change - Leave blank
- Pick up/ Mail License - Select option. (Pick up is at the Century Center location)
- Local License Type – Enter City or County
- Local License Type Location - Name of City or County where license was issued
- Event Information- Event start and end date
- Alcohol Sales - Select Beer, Wine, and Distilled Spirits or any combination
- Bond- Not required
Step 4: Officers & Responsible Parties
- Officers and Responsible Parties - New officers must enter information for each person with interest in the business. Information from previous registration will auto populate.
- Choose the officer name providing the citizenship affidavit form. Check the box for "Responsible for providing required Documentation"
Step 5: Provide Licensee
- Is this a new licensee? Select "No" if a licensee exists; otherwise, select "Yes"
- Licensee Information- Select Individual or Business
- Licensee Affidavit- Select Residency Status, Date of Birth, Are you 21 or older?
Step 6: Payment Information
- Select ACH Debit or Credit Card
ACH Debit - Electronic Check drafted directly from bank account.
Credit Card - (Visa, Master Card, American Express, or Discover) Payment Option will be available on the confirmation page, after submitting the application.
Step 7: Required Attachments
- Required Attachments- View the required attachments, the unchecked boxes are the required documents. Click OK
- Attach the previously scanned & saved PDF documents
- Click Save, then Submit. You will receive a confirmation number.