On this page, find guidelines for completing the Special Event Non-Profit License application online using the Georgia Tax Center.
Once your online submission is processed, you will receive a notification containing specific account information.
Please request a Special Event Permit 10 days before the start date of the event.
Required Forms & Documents
- Citizenship Verification - Alcohol, Tobacco, and Motor Fuel Affidavit for Citizenship Verification
- RD-1061 - Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of a Non-Profit Status letter from the IRS. (i.e., 501(C)(3) Letter issued by the IRS or by-laws & corporate charter from the Secretary of State's Office)
- Donated Wine Auction Inventory List (if applicable)
Special Event Non-Profit - Permits issued to a bona fide nonprofit civic organization allow the organization to:
- Sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises
- Sell wine at retail for off-premises consumption
- Sell both for a period not to exceed three days
- Have no more than 6 permits issued in any one calendar year for $25, events thereafter requires fees the same as for Special Event for Profit
- Use the permits for the specified location, whereas, it must be lawful to sale alcohol
Bona fide nonprofit civic organizations are entities that are exempt from federal income tax. (Pursuant to the provisions of subsection (c), (d) or (e) of 26 U.S.C. Section 501.)