Permits issued to a bona fide nonprofit civic organization, authorizing the organization to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises or to sell wine at retail for off-premises consumption or both for a period not to exceed three days.
A bona fide nonprofit civic organization is an entity which is exempt from federal income tax pursuant to the provisions of subsection (c), (d) or (e) of 26 U.S.C. Section 501.
No more than 6 permits may be issued to an organization in any one calendar year.
The permit is only valid for the place specified in the permit and it must be lawful to sale alcohol in that place.
This guideline is to assist you in the preparation of a State of Georgia Special Event Non-Profit License application that is submitted electronically at The Georgia Tax Center.
Please Request a Special Event Permit 10 days prior to the start date of the event. The Department will accept requests with an earlier start date, but can make no guarantees that the license will be issued in time for the event.
Initial Required Documents
- 501(C)(3) Letter issued by the IRS or By-laws & corporate charter from the Secretary of State's Office
- Donated Wine Auction Inventory List
- Copy of Local License or Letter of Approval
- Power of Attorney (If Applicable)
- O.C.G.A 50-3-1 (e)(2) - Citizenship Affidavit
- Secure and Verifiable Documents
- $25.00 - License Fee