Retail Tobacco Renewal
Before You Begin
- All required documentation must be scanned and saved as individual PDF files. You will upload them to the Georgia Tax Center during the application process.
- Know the Tobacco License Number.
- Know your payment of choice: Credit Card or ACH debit.
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID (requires notarization) if not a U.S. Citizen.
How to Renew a Retail Tobacco License
- Log into Georgia Tax Center
- Click the "Tobacco License Number"
- Click the “File Renewal” link of the period for the upcoming year
- Answer the question regarding arrests in the previous 12 months
- Select the option “Pickup License” to pick up the license at the Century Center location
- Verify account information
- Click “Next” then “Submit”
- Answer “Yes” if ready to submit
- Confirmation number will be displayed for the renewal submission
- From the confirmation page, click “Make a Payment”
- Make a payment through ACH Debit or Credit Card
- Confirmation number is given for the payment
Georgia law requires that anyone registering for or holding a Tobacco License or Permit must submit a Citizenship Affidavit and Secure and Verifiable Document. If the individual signing the Affidavit is not a U.S. citizen, the Affidavit and Secure and Verifiable Document must be submitted annually when renewing the License or Permit. The Secure and Verifiable document for Non-U.S. citizens must be the document used to show your residency status.