These guidelines will help you complete the State of Georgia Retail License application online using the Georgia Tax Center website.
Before You Begin
All required documentation must be scanned and saved as individual PDF files. You will upload them to the Georgia Tax Center during the application process.
- Copy of Local License
- If a local license has not been received prior to applying for the state license, a copy of the application for the local license or a letter from the local licensing authority stating that an application has been received may be uploaded during the initial process.
- The local license must be submitted within 30 days of the application submission date.
- Applications with local licenses not received within the 30 day time period will be rejected.
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID. (requires notarization)
How to Apply
A Retailer or Retail Dealer is, except as to distilled spirits, any person who sells alcoholic beverages, malt beverages and/or wine, either in unbroken packages only at retail, to consumers and not for resale.