Requirements for Commercial Customers Submitting Title Applications
Effective March 23, 2020, under authority granted by the Governor under State Personnel Board Rule 478-1-.16(12), the Georgia Department of Revenue’s offices are closed to in-person visits as the State takes steps to help slow the spread of COVID-19 in Georgia. The Georgia Department of Revenue is encouraging all taxpayers to conduct their business with the Department through online services, mail, via phone, or email.
As such, all Commercial customers can submit title applications via mail or the MVD Drop Off Box at South Meadow.
The process is as follows:
- Commercial* customers are allowed to drop off up to 50 transactions one time per week, per business
- Must allow for 5 business days for processing
- All completed transactions will be mailed
- All transactions must include the Georgia MVD Title Drop-Off Transmittal Form
*Commercial customers are defined as follows:
- Tag and Title Agencies
- Financial Institutions
- Security Interest Holders
- Auctions, etc.