You may request a tax clearance letter for all tax types including individuals and sole proprietors through Georgia Tax Center (GTC). GTC is the Department's secure electronic self-service portal that allows you to manage your taxes online.
What You Need to Know
- Must have a GTC login
- Available for all tax types
- Will check for tax balances and delinquent periods for all accounts
- If all accounts clear, the Tax Clearance letter will show all account types
- If any accounts have a balance due or delinquent periods, a denial letter will generate
- Next day, the Tax Clearance Letter is available for viewing or printing online
- Copy of the Tax Clearance Letter is also mailed
How do I get a Tax Clearance Letter?
- Login to the Georgia Tax Center (GTC)
- Under "I Want To...", click on "See more links ..."
- Click on Request Tax Clearance Letter
- Click "Submit"
For more detailed instructions, view the Request a Tax Clearance Letter (Instructional Guide).