Repossessed Vehicle Title
Repossessed vehicle titles and tags can be obtained at your County Tag Office. The following information is required:
- Completed and signed Form MV-1 Title/Tag Application.
- Original valid title or manufacturer’s statement of origin.
- Must be issued in the name from whom the vehicle was repossessed or properly assigned;
- If repossessor is not titling the vehicle in their name, then they must assign the title to the new owner(s) using their full legal name(s).
Note: If the vehicle is titled in another state and neither the repossessor nor buyer are a resident of this state; a Georgia title will not be issued.
- If the repossessor is not recorded on the title as the lienholder or security interest holder, the following must be provided:
- Legible copy of contract between the repossessor and the person from whom the vehicle was repossessed. The contract must list the vehicle as collateral showing a complete description of the vehicle, year, make, and VIN (vehicle identification number), and signed by the party from whom the vehicle was repossessed.
- Manufacturer’s statement of origin.
- Completed and signed Form T-16 Affidavit of Repossession.
- $18.00 title fee.