Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadline is July 15, 2020
Due to COVID-19, DOR automatically extended income tax filing and payment deadlines. Remember to file and pay by Wednesday July 15, 2020.
Repossessed Vehicle Title
Repossessed vehicle titles and tags can be obtained at your County Tag Office. The following information is required:
- Completed and signed Form MV-1 Title/Tag Application.
- Original valid title or manufacturer’s statement of origin.
- Must be issued in the name from whom the vehicle was repossessed or properly assigned;
- If repossessor is not titling the vehicle in their name, then they must assign the title to the new owner(s) using their full legal name(s).
Note: If the vehicle is titled in another state and neither the repossessor nor buyer are a resident of this state; a Georgia title will not be issued.
- If the repossessor is not recorded on the title as the lienholder or security interest holder, the following must be provided:
- Legible copy of contract between the repossessor and the person from whom the vehicle was repossessed. The contract must list the vehicle as collateral showing a complete description of the vehicle, year, make, and VIN (vehicle identification number), and signed by the party from whom the vehicle was repossessed.
- Manufacturer’s statement of origin.
- Completed and signed Form T-16 Affidavit of Repossession.
- $18.00 title fee.