Register a Newly Purchased Vehicle When Title Not Required
Tags can be applied for at your County Tag Office. The following information is required:
- Chain of Ownership, one of the following:
- Original valid registration certificate, issued in your name or properly assigned to you
- Original signed Bill of Sale showing the chain of ownership from the registered owner, up through you, the current owner.
- Properly completed Form T-22B Certifications of Inspection
- Proof of Insurance
- Emissions inspections, if applicable.
- Proof of residency, which may include:
- Lease, deed, or closing statement for new residence
- Final utility bill from your previous residence
- Moving bill, shipper’s bill or truck rental agreement
- Final paycheck stub or a signed letterhead statement from your former employer