Motor Fuel Registration

Register Your Motor Fuel Distributor Account with the Department of Revenue Online through Georgia Tax Center.

Georgia Tax Center (GTC) is the Department’s secure, electronic self-service portal that allows you to manage your taxes online.

The following information is needed before you begin:

  1. The applicant must have or applied for a Georgia Sales & Use Tax Number
  2. The applicant must have a Federal Identification Number (FEIN)
  3. The applicant must provide Secure and Verifiable Documents (front and back of document). Read more about the  Department’s list of Download this pdf file.Secure and Verifiable Documents .
  4. The applicant must have an Officer’s Social Security number
  5. The applicant must provide a continuous valid Motor Fuel Bond, completed by a Surety Company

a. The Motor Fuel Bond is calculated as three times the average monthly motor fuel taxes due during the preceding twelve months. In no case shall the bond be in an amount less than $1,000.00

  1. The applicant must provide a $10.00 application fee. This fee paid online in the Georgia Tax Center (GTC) self-service portal
  2. The applicant must show estimated gallons for imports and exports, if applying for a Gasoline (GR) License

Please Note:

  • Gas Stations and Convenient Stores are not required to have a Motor Fuel Distributors License
  • Aviation Licenses are not required to be bonded
  • If the applicant sells less than 12,000 gallons/year, the applicant may request a Non-Bonded License
  • A P.O. Box cannot be used on a Motor Fuel Application
  • Biodiesel requires a Diesel License (DR)
  • CNG, Kerosene and Dyed Kerosene require a Special Fuel License (SF)


If you experience any difficulties completing the application,
contact us.