GTC Passwords - FAQ
I exceeded password attempts and got locked out. What do I do?
How do I change my password?
What are the rules for creating a GTC password?
- Passwords must have a minimum of 8 characters.
- Passwords must contain letters, numbers, and a special character.
- Passwords must contain both uppercase and lowercase letters.
Passwords cannot be reused.
SECURITY TIP: Do NOT use your GTC ID, any portion of your Social Security Number, or your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) as your password.
What do I do if I forgot my password?
- Go to the Georgia Tax Center
- Click on Forgot Password?
- Enter your Username (case sensitive) and click on Reset Password
- You will receive an email (from “No Reply”) with instructions to reset the password. Click on the link provided in the email (Note: The link in this email is only valid for 60 minutes)
- Answer the secret question
- Enter a new password and re-enter to confirm
- Click OK to return to the GTC homepage
Are there any secret questions I can use if I have forgotten my password?
- Yes, when you set up your user ID, you will be asked to select your security question.
- You can change your security question or your answer at any time on the “My Profile” screen.
The security question is used to reset and change your password.