Dealer Drop-off Box Instructions
Titles and License Plate Registrations should be processed through your customer’s County Tag Office.
The drop off box for titles is located at:
Motor Vehicle Division Main Office
4125 Welcome All Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349
Vehicles being titled in Georgia are exempt from sales and use tax and the annual Ad Valorem Tax, but are subject to a one-time Title Ad Valorem Tax that is based on the value of the vehicle.
When using the drop off box, the following should be submitted:
- Completed Georgia MVD Title Drop-Off Transmittal Form including name, address, and telephone number of the submitter and/or company.
- Each application must include:
- Vehicle identification number (VIN)
- Applicant’s name(s) as shown on Georgia driver’s license
- Purchase or transfer date
- Check number
- Amount of check or money order (total fees due including any title penalty). Note: Do not submit cash in the drop off box.
- Up to ten applications may be submitted with one transmittal form.
- A separate check for each application is required. No $10.00 special handling fee is needed.
- The transmittal forms should be on top of the applications and in the following order:
- Transmittal form
- Each application should include:
- Title, if applicable
- Power(s) of attorney (when applicable)
- Any additional supporting documents (when applicable)
- Place the completed package in a sealed envelope before placing in the drop-off box.
- Applications receive after 2:00 p.m. are considered received the next business day.
- Titles will be mailed to the appropriate party once issued. When a title cannot be issued, a letter of explanation, with all documents and check, will be returned to the appropriate party by mail.
Questions about this process can be directed to email@example.com.