CRF-007 Motor Fuel Registration

Requirements to complete Georgia Tax Center Motor Fuel Registration:

  1. The applicant must have or applied for Georgia Sales & Use Tax Number
  2. The applicant must have a Federal Identification Number (FEIN)
  3. The applicant must provide Secure and Verifiable Documents (front and back), including an Officer’s Social Security number
  4. The applicant must provide a continuous valid Motor Fuel Bond, completed by a Surety Company.

    The Motor Fuel Bond is calculated as three times the average monthly motor fuel taxes due during the preceding twelve months. In no case shall the bond be in an amount less than $1,000.00
  5. The applicant must provide a $10.00 application fee
  6. The applicant must show estimated gallons for imports and exports, if applying for a gasoline (GR) license
  7. The applicant must send FEIN and Confirmation Number to [email protected] after applying for a Motor Fuel Distributor License for review and processing of license

Please Note:

  • Gas Stations and Convenient Stores are not required to have a Motor Fuel Distributors License
  • Aviation licenses are not required to be bonded
  • If the applicant sells less than 12,000 gallons/year, the applicant may request a Non-Bonded license
  • A P.O. box cannot be used on a Motor Fuel application Biodiesel requires a Diesel license (DR)
  • CNG, Kerosene and Dyed Kerosene require a Special Fuel license (SF)