Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadline is July 15, 2020
Due to COVID-19, DOR automatically extended income tax filing and payment deadlines. Remember to file and pay by Wednesday July 15, 2020.
Bonded Vehicle Title
If you do not have the required proof of ownership documents to obtain a Georgia title in your name, you may apply for a Georgia title on the basis of a surety bond.
To get a title based on a surety bond:
- The owner must be a legal resident of Georgia
- The vehicle must require a Georgia title
- Cannot be a 1985 or older year model vehicle
- Cannot be an abandoned vehicle
Titles based on a surety bond can be applied for at your County Tag Office.
The following information is required:
- Completed and signed Form MV-1 Title/Tag Application.
- Completed and signed Form MV-46 Certificate of Title Bond.
- Backed by an insurance company licensed to issue surety insurance in Georgia designating the vehicle owner’s legal name as the principal.
- Regardless of condition, the bond must be written in an amount equal to two times the average retail value of the vehicle (according to values established by the Georgia Department of Revenue), but not less than $5,000.
- The vehicle owner and the Insurance Company agent must sign the form in the designated spaces. If jointly owned, each owner must sign.
- All signatures on the bond must be witnessed.
- A power of attorney authorizing the agent to write the bond on behalf of the insurance company must be attached to the bond.
- Completed and signed Form MV-46A Certificate of Title Bond Affidavit
- Must be completed in the same name as the name shown on Form MV-46 Certificate of Title Bond.
- The signature on this form must be notarized.
- Completed and signed Form T-22B Certification of Inspection.
- If the Form T-22B Certificate of Inspection indicates that the serial plate is missing, a Form T-128 Missing Serial Plate Affidavit is required.
- A report from National Motor Vehicle Title Information System (NMVTIS) or an equivalent system authorized by the Department.
- If the report indicates the title of record is from a jurisdiction other than Georgia, the application for a Georgia Certificate of Title must be accompanied by a certified title history from the state of issuance.
- If the Georgia or other state certified title history indicates a security interest or lien, a notice of release of a security interest or lien (Form T-4 Notice of Satisfaction of Security Interest or Lien Holder Affidavit) must be included.
- Any available ownership papers (e.g., Title, Bill of Sale, Lien Release, etc)
- $18.00 title fee
Note: The title must be applied for within six months of the bond’s issue date. The minimum acceptable bond amount is $5,000. For verification of the bond amount, your insurance company may call the Motor Vehicle Division at 855-406-5221. Certain bond amounts may be obtained from your County Tag Office.