Tag Kiosk Maintenance on 11/30 7pm – 10 pm
Sorry for the inconvenience during this maintenance period.
A mixed drink to-go must be a placed in a sealed and tamper-evident container. An approved sealed and tamper-evident container is a closed container that prevents consumption, leakage, or alteration of its contents in any manner. Containers shall also be sealed in such a way to prevent reopening without visible evidence that the seal was removed or broken.
The container shall have a secure cap or lid that contains one or more indicators or barriers to entry that would provide visible evidence if the container has been opened or breached. The secure cap or lid of this container shall not have sipping holes or holes designed for straws.
Tamper-evident tape has not been approved to be used solely for mixed drinks to-go containers. However, tamper-evident tape can be used in combination with a tamper-evident lid or cap. Likewise, induction seals (inner seal usually within the cap, lid or the lip of a container) can be used in combination with a tamper-evident lid or cap.
Tamper-Evident Container Requirements:
- The container must be durable, leakproof, and sealable.
- Containers shall be sealed in such a way to prevent reopening without visible evidence that the seal was removed or broken.
- The container shall be sealed with a tamper-evident secure cap or lid. The cap or lid shall not have sipping holes or holes designed for straws.
Examples of Approved Containers - Sealed and Tamper Evident:
- Container with a snap on cap that has a tail band or security ring (similar to the cap on a gallon of milk).
- Screw caps/tops that break the link when unscrewed (similar to the cap on a 2 liter of soda or a water bottle).
- Cork or plug with a foil heat seal (similar to a wine bottle).
- Crown capped glass bottles (similar to a beer bottle).
- Container with a shrink band or shrink wrap seal over the screw cap.
- Heat-sealed closures over sealed caps.
- Take out drink carrier bag with a permanent closure adhesive or permanent heat-sealed strip.
The following list of containers are not approved for selling mixed drinks to-go:
- Containers with a cap or lid that provides no visible evidence when it has been opened and/or breached.
- Containers containing tamper-evident tape without a tamper-evident cap or lid.
- Containers with induction seals without a tamper-evident cap or lid.
- Containers with straws, drink holes, or other openings.
- Containers with flip top lids or caps with or without a seal liner.