The Department of Revenue is protecting Georgia taxpayers from tax fraud. We are implementing the following changes for 2017:
- Income tax return processing will begin February 1, 2017.
- Please allow 90 business days to process a return and issue a refund.
- All first-time Georgia income tax filers, or taxpayers who have not filed in Georgia for at least five years, will receive a paper check.
What else can I do?
- Register and sign up to receive alerts from the Georgia Tax Center (GTC) when your return has been processed and when a refund has been issued.
- To help prevent fraud, GTC will notify you when a return has been filed with your social security number.
- Adjust your Federal and State income tax withholdings for the immediate benefit of higher paychecks vs. a bigger tax refund