Vehicle Safety Recall
The state of Georgia puts a high priority on the safety of our residents. Please visit safercar.gov/vin to obtain information about safety recalls announced in the past 15 calendar years.
Stay informed! Visit safercar.gov to know if there is a safety problem with your vehicles, tires or car seat, and how to get it fixed. All safety recall repairs are FREE at authorized manufacturer dealers.
|Recent Recall Alerts (Updated: July 12, 2017)|
Where's my VIN?
Look on the lower left of your car's windshield for your 17-character Vehicle Identification Number. Your VIN is also located on your car's registration card, and it may be shown on your insurance card.
What this VIN search tool covers:
- Vehicle safety recalls that are incomplete
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted over the past 15 calendar years
- Vehicle safety recalls conducted by major light auto automakers, including motorcycle manufacturers.
What this VIN search tool does not cover:
- Completed safety recall information
- Manufacturer customer service or other non-safety recall campaign
- International vehicles
- Very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified
- Safety recalls that are more than 15 years old (except where a manufacturer offers more coverage)
- Safety recalls conducted by small vehicle manufacturers, including some ultra-luxury brands and specialty applications