Third party filers are tax preparers, professionals, etc. who file returns and/or make payments on behalf of a taxpayer or who access a taxpayer’s account information.
A third party must:
- Register with the Georgia Department of Revenue via Georgia Tax Center
- Taxpayer/client will provide selective information for purposes of allowing access to their account.
- Access their client’s accounts by using their own username and password.
- Should not access a taxpayer’s/client’s account directly by using the taxpayer’s/client’s username and password
- Must file and pay electronically according to the clients filing status
You may register, file and pay here: Georgia Tax Center
Third Party Bulk Filer Info:
- CRF Tax Preparer Registration Form
- Policy Statement 2007-10-10- Confidentiality of Taxpayer and Return Information
- Regulation 560-3-2-.26 Electronic Funds Transfer, Credit Card Payment and Electronic Filing
- Regulation 560-3-2-.27 Signature Requirements for Tax Returns