Income Tax Filing and Payment Deadline is July 15, 2020
Due to COVID-19, DOR automatically extended income tax filing and payment deadlines. Remember to file and pay by Wednesday July 15, 2020.
Georgia Tax Facts
Wednesday, July 15, 2020 is the due date for Georgia Individual Income Tax
The Department of Revenue is constantly upgrading and improving its fraud management system to protect taxpayer information and tax dollars. Over the past 5 years, the Department of Revenue received an average of over 4.5 million individual income tax returns on an annual basis. During this same time period, the Department successfully blocked over $1.07 billion in fraudulently filed refund requests.
Information for Businesses
Employee W-2 information is due on January 31, 2020
- Employers who file late may face penalties and delay employees’ tax refunds
We will begin accepting returns January 27, 2020
Most refunds are issued within 21 days from the date a return is received by the Department. However, it may take up to 90 days to process
- First-time filers and those who have not filed in five or more years will receive a paper refund check
- File My Return - Instructions, Forms and More
- Pay Tax
- Where’s My Refund?
- Filing State Taxes - The Basics
- More Individual Income Tax Information
What Can I Do?
- Use Where’s My Refund to check the status of your refund online and at anytime
- Sign up for online access through the Georgia Tax Center. Sign up for notifications to be notified by email or text message when a return is received with your Social Security Number and when your refund is issued
- See if you qualify to file for free with the Free File Alliance