Due Date Text
Individual Income Tax Deadline Extended
Georgia Tax Facts
Due Date Text
The Department of Revenue is constantly upgrading and improving its fraud management system to protect taxpayer information and tax dollars. Over the past 5 years, the Department of Revenue received an average of over 4.5 million individual income tax returns on an annual basis. During this same time period, the Department successfully blocked over $1.07 billion in fraudulently filed refund requests.
Information for Businesses
Employee W-2 information is due on February 1, 2021
- Employers who file late may face penalties and delay employees’ tax refunds
- We will begin processing 2020 individual income tax returns on Friday, February 12, 2021.
Most refunds are issued within 21 days from the date a return is received by the Department. However, it may take up to 90 days to process
- First-time filers and those who have not filed in five or more years will receive a paper refund check
- File My Return - Instructions, Forms and More
- Pay Tax
- Where’s My Refund?
- Filing State Taxes - The Basics
- More Individual Income Tax Information
What Can I Do?
- Use Where’s My Refund to check the status of your refund online and at anytime
- Sign up for online access through the Georgia Tax Center. Sign up for notifications to be notified by email or text message when a return is received with your Social Security Number and when your refund is issued
- See if you qualify to file for free with the Free File Alliance
Georgia Tax Center