Title and tag can be obtained at your County Tag Office for a vehicle with the following information:
- Completed and signed MV-1 Title/Tag Application.
- If your vehicle is financed, enter the lien or security interest holder’s name, address in the spaces provided.
- Emission Inspection Certificate, if applicable.
- Original valid title properly assigned to you. All recorded liens and/or security interests against the previous owner must be released in the spaces provided on the title.
- Georgia liability insurance reported by your Insurance Company and on record with the Department.
- $18.00 title fee
- $20.00 tag fee
Note: Every Georgia owner, other than a licensed dealer, must obtain a title in their name for the vehicle before transferring ownership when the vehicle requires a Georgia title.
You have 30 days from the purchase or transfer date to register and obtain a tag or to transfer your existing Georgia tag from a vehicle you no longer own, to this vehicle. To be able to transfer the tag, both vehicles (previously owned vehicle and the newly acquired vehicle) must require the same category tag.