A Retailer or Retail Dealer is, except as to distilled spirits, any person who sells alcoholic beverages, malt beverages and/or wine, either in unbroken packages only at retail, to consumers and not for resale.
This guideline is to assist you in the preparation of a State of Georgia Retail License application that is submitted electronically at The Georgia Tax Center.
Initial Required Documents (available below)
- State of Georgia Tax Registration
- Copy of Local License
- If a local license has not been received prior to applying for the state license, a copy of the application for the local license or a letter from the local licensing authority stating that an application has been received may be uploaded during the initial process.
- The local license must be submitted within 30 days of the application submission date.
- Applications with local licenses not received within the 30 day time period will be rejected.
- Power of Attorney (If Applicable)
- O.C.G.A 50-3-1 (e)(2) - Citizenship Affidavit
- Secure and Verifiable Documents
- $50.00 - Malt Beverage
- $50.00 - Wine
Background Investigation and Fingerprint Process
- Save Approval (Citizenship)
- Tax Delinquency Check
- Missing Documents