All lost or stolen license plates and/or decals should be reported to law enforcement.
Replacement license plates can be applied for at your County Tag Office. The following information is required:
- Completed Form MV-7 Application for a Replacement License Plate and/or Renewal Decal.
- Copy of the police report (required when applying for a replacement license plate).
- Mutilated license plate and/or decal, if applicable.
- Completed Form T-200 Affidavit of Non-Receipt of an Original License Plate/Renewal Decal, if lost in the mail.
- Completed Form MV-9B Special (Personal) Prestige License Plate Application, if special prestige license plate.
- Appropriate replacement license plate fee:
- $8.00 for standard plates.
- $43.00 ($8.00 replacement tag fee plus $35.00 manufacturing fee) for special prestige license plates
Note: Replacement fee may not apply if the license plate and/or decal was lost in the mail prior to receipt and within 90 days of issue date.