Title Applications and License Plate Registrations should be completed at your local County Tag Office. Fees can be paid by cash, check or money order (payable to your County Tag Office) for the total registration fees, title fees, and taxes due. Some county tag offices accept credit card payments (processing fee may apply).
- $20.00 tag fee for a regular passenger car or light weight pick-up truck other vehicles vary according to MV schedule
- $18.00 title fee (if your vehicle requires a Georgia Title)
- $8.00 replacement title fee
- Sales tax or Title Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT)
- Some specialty license plates require a manufacturing fees
- $1.00 mailing fee, if applicable
- Emission Inspections
- $10.00 title penalty – Failure to apply for a Georgia title within 30 days of the vehicle’s purchase or transfer date.
- $10.00 title penalty – Altered purchase or transfer date on the document transferring ownership.
- $10.00 special handling fee – Each title application.
- $10.00 title penalty for non-compliance within 60 days of letter’s date, if previously applied for an additional action was required
- Additional Title Ad Valorem Penalty may apply. Please contact your local County Tag Office for details
Do not give or accept a title where the assignment has been signed without the purchaser(s) name entered. Georgia Code 40-3-91(c) states: “Any person, firm, or corporation which delivers or accepts a certificate of title assigned in blank shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and, up on conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100.00 or imprisoned for a period not to exceed 30 days for the acceptance or delivery of each certificate of title assigned in blank.”