The Georgia Department of Revenue has entered into an agreement with software vendors to offer free electronic filing services to qualified Georgia taxpayers.
NOTE: To utilize a Free File offer for the State of Georgia you must start by clicking the link to a provider’s website from this page ONLY.
Under this agreement qualifying taxpayers can prepare and file both the federal and Georgia individual income tax returns electronically using approved software for less or free of charge.
Use of other sites that promote a free federal return will not guarantee your ability to also file your Georgia return for free.
Some of the companies listed below may charge a fee for electronic preparation and/or filing of your federal return.
We recommend that you read the information on the vendor’s website to determine the best product for your tax needs.
1. eSmart Tax
eSmart Tax is a comprehensive online tax preparation solution backed by the professionals at Liberty Tax Service. We are offering free federal and state returns to those with an AGI of $62,000 or less and age 17-50 or active military
Get access to all of our great features:
- Secure tax preparation
- Free technical support
- CPA Audit Assistance
- Satisfaction, accuracy, and the biggest refund guaranteed
All Georgia Residents:
- Regardless of your income or age, choose one of our paid federal products and receive a FREE Georgia return.
2. H&R Block
H&R Block’s Free File: Free federal and state online tax return preparation and e-file if you meet the following criteria:
- Did you earn $62,000 or less adjusted gross income
- Age 17-50 or Active Military
If you don't qualify for free state filing, the cost is only $14.99.
Filing with H&R Block lets you combine your smarts with our expertise. H&R Block is created for people who want hassle-free tax filing. Step-by-step guidance and easy to understand resources make it the easiest and most intuitive way to file you taxes from home.
Visit: H&R Block
3. Turbo Tax
Qualified taxpayers can prepare and e-file their federal and state return online for FREE with America's #1 rated tax preparation product year after year. Filing with TurboTax is easy & accurate - it asks you easy-to-understand questions, places your answers onto IRS-approved forms, then double-checks your return for errors, and determines your maximum refund by finding deductions and credits you may have overlooked.
- AGI $31,000 or less or eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit
- Active Military with AGI of $62,000 or less
Visit: Turbo Tax
TaxSlayer.com is a full featured online tax filing system that has been used by millions of taxpayers to securely and accurately file their taxes. We are proud to offer the most comprehensive free file program available which allows taxpayers to file BOTH State and Federal tax returns for FREE. Taxpayers are eligible for free filing if they meet the following requirement: their Federal AGI is $33,000 or less. All activity duty military are also eligible for this free offer. Please note, state return is free only when accompanying a qualified free Federal tax return.
Available to the following qualified individuals:
- Federal AGI is $62,000 or less
- Age is 52 or younger
- Active Military with AGI of $62,000
- Federal Tax return free - State Return for $14.99
For those who do not qualify for free tax filing, you can file your Federal tax return for a single price of $12.95. Please go to http://www.taxslayer.com
- Provides Federal return filing
- Provides State return filing
- E-files your return for a faster refund
- Saves your information so that you can begin now and return at your leisure to complete your return
You may also qualify for the federal free file alliance, but note a fee may be charged to prepare and electronically file your Georgia return. Visit the IRS to see if you qualify
Available to the following qualified individuals:
- AGI $62,000
- Age 17-74
- Active military with AGI $62,000 or less
Disclaimer: Not all vendors in the Federal free file alliance provide e-File support for Georiga returns.
Millions of Americans have trusted TaxAct since 1999 for step-by-step guidance through simple & complex returns. TaxAct has all the tools & guidance you need to file with confidence. 100% accuracy guaranteed.
- Adjusted Gross Income: $50,000 or less, and
- Age: 56 or younger, or
- Eligible for EITC, or
- $62,000 or less for Active military
Disclaimer: Not all vendors in the Federal Free File Alliance Provide e-file support for Georgia Returns
7. OnLine Taxes
E-file your Federal and State Return for Free, if:
- Adjusted Gross Income is between $13,000 and $62,000
- Offer valid for All Ages and ALL states
Visit: OnLine Taxes
Free federal and GA tax preparation & e-file for all who live in GA with an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $32,000 or less. This offer is limited to three (3) free tax returns per computer.
If you do not qualify for free file, your federal tax return filing fee is $14.95 for 1040-EZ and $19.95 for 1040-A or 1040; and your state tax return filing fee is $17.95.
You may e-file your state tax return with us even if you have already filed your federal tax return with other companies.
average1040.com website is for filers of Federal forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ and full year resident of the State of Georgia.
- There is no up from cost or obligation to prepare and print your return.
- If you decide to use the software you will pay only $10.82 for the Federal return, the State tax return can be added at no additional charge