Unclaimed Property Holder Insurance Companies Instructions and Forms
Unclaimed Property Reports for all Insurance Companies are due by May 1, 2017. Information pertaining to these reports is as follows:
REPORT INSTRUCTIONS AND FORMS
The forms below can be filled out in your computer window, then printed and mailed. The form can not be saved unless you have the proper software installed on your computer (see www.adobe.com for software solutions).
WHERE THE REPORT SHOULD BE SENT
Mail your report and remittance to:
Georgia Department of Revenue
Unclaimed Property Program
4125 Welcome All Road, Suite 701
Atlanta, Georgia 30349-1824
The reporting period is for January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
Based on the type of property, this could cover property from one to fifteen years.
Example for Wages: One year abandonment period - so any unpaid wages from the calendar year 2015 would be reported for the 2016 filing.
All reports should be filed electronically, if possible. Files should be sent via CD.
Two options for free reporting software (create electronic report):
1. Web based UPExchange (endorsed by NAUPA (National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators) at http://www.byetm.com/index.php/upx
2. http://www.wagers.net/hrs/index.php - select download HRS Pro icon Reports with 25 or more properties are required to be submitted electronically
ZERO BALANCE / NEGATIVE REPORTING
Reporting is required for all companies, even if you have no balance to report. The holder report summary page must be submitted denoting zero properties and dollar Zero Balance Reports can be faxed to our office at fax number: 404.724.7013
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ’S)
1. Do we need to submit the Securities Form UP-3S if we have no securities to report?
No - if no securities are being reported, the Securities Form UP-3S does not need to be submitted.
2. We have nothing to report, do we still need to file?
Yes - you need to file a report. See section on ZERO BALANCE / NEGATIVE REPORTING.
3. How do we request an extension?
Submit a request at least 30 days prior to due date. Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide company FEIN#, reason for the extension, and estimated filing date.
4. Who should we call if we have any questions?
Call our main number at 855-329-9863 with any questions you may have. Your call will be directed to the appropriate party who can answer your questions.